Learn something? The process of landscape blues

Even if you're not great at it, you should try a lot of stuff. And recycling is good.

I found some picture frames with olds poster peeling from the backer board. The landlord gave us permission to throw them out. Now the question is, "Toss or reuse?" The frames are in bad condition and the posters are a loss.

A few weeks ago, I scraped off the posters and slathered gesso on the 18"X24" (45cmX60cm) boards. It's rough! I like one enough that I consider framing it like that.

A few weeks later, I squeeze 4 tubes of acrylic (greens, blues, and white) directly onto it. After I swish the paint together with a house-painting brush and a few tissues, it looks like this. I should have left it at this stage.

The second day, with yellows and reds added, it becomes "muddy," as a friend says. Agreed.
A little separation and brighter yellows help.

It needs its sparkle back in. I touch it once more before nightfall.

If I don't like it better in the morning, we'll put gesso over top and start again.

Otherwise, I'll spray-paint the old frame black, put in the painting, and it can be e a quick pop of color for the corner of someone's room.

So ... what's stashed in your corner? What could it become?

Popular posts from this blog

Can it be Thursday?

Imaginary portrait of Katarina - process

How a mural happens